Chemtec Energy Services builds quality into each product we manufacture and every service we provide. Chemtec shop-fabricated skids ensure that you maintain quality, control costs and ensure timely delivery. Quality is assured since all welding, assembly and testing is performed by qualified and experienced Chemtec technicians. Your costs are controlled because our use of automated welding processes and by maintaining all construction into a controlled environment. This prevents project schedules from being affected by jobsite delays, such as work permits, site work hours or weather.
Chemtec structural and pipe welders are certified for the types of welding they perform. Qualification of procedures and personnel is an important part of weld quality management because these qualifications are the essential tools for assuring the performed welds will meet the construction intent.
Chemtec welders are qualified for the following processes, materials and codes:
GMAW (Mig), GTAW (Tig), SMAW (Stick), SAW (Subarc), FCAW (Fluxcore)
Materials: Carbon Steel (CS), Stainless Steel (SS), Stainless Steel Tubing
Codes: ASME Section IX, ASME Section VIII, U-Stamp pending, API 1104, DOT, ANSI B31.3, ANSI B31.4
A full-time, in-house Project Manager (PM) will be assigned to large skid projects. Chemtec Project Managers coordinate, plan, execute and manage the project from start to finish, assuring the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
Chemtec Project Managers will:
- Communicate with clients, vendors, inspectors, and internal staff.
- Provide required documents to clients.
- Provide a schedule that is workable and precise.
- Report progress to client and/or inspectors (such as Project Status Reports).
- Save time, costs, and effort where possible.
- Retain information on specifications and requirements of a project.
- Provide project manuals and closure.
Missed deadlines can be very costly, so when Chemtec commits to a delivery date, we will do everything within our control to ensure an on-time delivery.
Chemtec’s equipment and services meet the requirements and recommendations of (but not limited to) the latest edition of the following:
- API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards; Chapter 5, “Metering” Section 1
- ANSI American National Standards Institute
- ANSI B16.5 Steel Pipe Flanges, Flange Fittings
- ASME.ANSI B31.4 Liquid Transportation Systems for Hydrocarbons, Liquid Petroleum Gas, Anhydrous Ammonia and Alcohols
- NFEC/UL/NEMA National Electric Code/National Electric manufactures Association
- AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- ASME Section IX, Welding Procedures and Welding Qualification
- ASME Section VIII – Pressure Vessel Code (U-stamp pending)
- SSPC- The society for Protective Coatings
- National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) Standards
- National Electric Manufacturers Association (NEMA) Standards
- ISA RP 12.1 – Electrical Instruments in Hazardous Atmospheres
- IEEE 100 – Standard Dictionary of Electrical and Electronic Terms
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- ANSI/ICS 6-1983 – Enclosures for Industrial Controls and System
- API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards (MPMS)
- API Recommended Practice 2003-1998, Protection Against Ignitions Arising Out of Static Lightning and Stray Currents
- API Recommended Practice 2610-1194, Design, Construction, Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of Terminal Tank Facilities
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Publication 7-93 standards – Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures
- API Recommended Practice 1004 Bottom Loading and Vapor Recovery
A project binder is prepared and delivered with each large skid project. This project overview includes all the relevant design, fabrication and maintenance documentation for the skid which typically includes:
- P&ID Drawings
- General Arrangement Drawings
- Isometric Drawings
- MTR’s (Material Test Reports)
- Welder Qualifications
- Welding Procedures
- Weld maps
- Test Procedures and Reports (X-ray, Mag Particle, Dye Penetrant, Hydrotest, Electrical Point-to-Point)
- Component Data Sheets